Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Meltdown

Well, this past week was absolutely more than I could handle, but guess what, I handled it. Actually, I can't really say I handled it, because it was a team effort with my Heavenly Father. The past week was very stressful. I had two classes that were coming to an end because they were block (half a semester) classes, so I had to do some finals for those classes, I had a couple mid-terms, homework and on top of all that, I had soccer practice to attend and of course boy drama (that always seems to add impertinent stress). With me, when I get stressed, I seem to worry about things that have been on my mind for awhile, such as missing my family and how my life has gone thus far.
So, what to do when you have a massive load of work to do and all your emotions start to run high?--Cry, of course. And throw running in there.
I thought of this quote:
"Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears."
--I believe this is so true. After I was done crying out some stress, I felt 95% better. That's pretty good if you ask me. Also, I made a plan and wrote down all I needed to do and started doing work.


As you can see, I got everything crossed off my list, and I was a happy girl. But, I only did everything I needed to do through Christ.
We have devotional every Tuesday here at BYU-Idaho. This past Tuesday Sister Nyland spoke and she talked about the 4 P's.
1. Purpose
2. Plan
3. Perspective
4. Persevere
She also talked about forgetting the past and looking towards the future and by small and simple things come great things.
After thinking about this and really pondering what this meant to me, I decided it pertained to me in so many ways.
1. I needed a purpose as to why in the world am I putting myself through all these classes and stress?--Because I want to obtain a degree and be able to say that I accomplished college, and by getting a degree in what I love.
2. I needed a plan. How was I going to finish all of my work on time? How am I going to manage and balance all my time to do each subject?--By writing down things, it helped..a LOT. Also, the Lord knows my life and He has a plan for me, and I don't think I would give up on my 3rd semester of college, that is just not Elizabeth Wardlow.
3. Perspective. How was I looking at my situation? At first, I was so stressed and was freaking out, not really thinking logically about things. After I prayed to my Heavenly Father for help (and of course, crying out my frustration), I saw what I needed to do in a new perspective and it was (sorta) smooth sailing after it.
4. Persevere. I had to endure to the end of the week. I accomplished everything I needed to do. Also, I can apply this to my whole college career as a whole. In order to get my degree, I need to persevere through each semester and focus on what I was working on at that moment in time and if I do that, I will persevere to that day, where they call my name to graduate, not high school, but college.

It's funny how the Lord works. I've always heard he works in mysterious ways. He sure does. Who knew I would need a stressful week to learn important life lessons? Also, the Lord knew what I was going though and during devotional, I felt that Sister Nyland was speaking to me personally, but really, it was the Spirit of the Lord speaking through Sister Nyland.
I love my Heavenly Father more than words can comprehend and I thank Him every day for all that He has given me and blesses me with.

This weekend in Rexburg was b-e-a-utiful. It was about 75-80 degrees and there was a slight breeze. So, me and some friends decided to go to the dunes to layout. It was great, I felt like I was at home once again. But, when I would look into the distance and saw mountains, I knew that I was not in Oklahoma. But, I sure did love the sunshine! Also, it was warm on Sunday too, but it was windy. So, me and my roommates decided that we were going to take advantage of the sun, and layout again. We went to the sand dunes first and let me just say, wind + sand = death. The warm sand, pelting everywhere on our body was not the laying out that we pictured. So, we packed up and searched for a nice grassy area. We soon found one (we call it our secret spot now) and we got some sun! It was nice. (I forgot to mention, I did use sunscreen!)


The weekend was a treat after that stressful week. I am glad it is over, but I still have half a semester till I get to go home. So until then, I shall keep on persevering.
Welp, catch ya later.




1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had a hard week sis....but thanks for sharing your devotional thoughts. They were uplifting! We miss you...can wait until next month! Love you xoxo sis

    ReplyDelete