Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tulips and Inspiration

Welp it's Wednesday, that's right, hump day. I think I really like Wednesdays because it means that there is just two more days in the week until the weekend.

Right now, I am watching my roommate hula dance. She is way good and knows how to shake it! I tried doing it, and let me just say, you have to have a LOT of leg muscle endurance. It is tough work!

Today was a beautiful day in Rexburg. The sun was shining and it was around 60 degrees. People were out studying on the grass and enjoying the weather as much as I was. During this time of year, the campus is full of tulips! My favorite flower! There are red ones, pink ones, yellow ones, and orangeish ones. So pretty. I took a picture, but I think I am going to take more this weekend!

This weekend is Memorial day. A time to remember those who have and are still serving for our country. What a blessing it is to have a country that is FREE. This was only made possible by those who have served and risked their lives to make that happen.
"And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier's tomb, and beauty weeps the brave." -Joseph Drake
THANK YOU to all the veterans and soldiers out there, my heart goes out to YOU.

Another thing that I have been thinking about is those with disabilities. The blind, deaf, special, and many more. I am SO impressed with these people. They are perfect. They have such a SWEET spirit. They also have an ora around them where you can just tell that they have something different about them. I work with a kindergarten class and I went to their talent show today. There was the cutest little deaf girl who did a dance routine with her ballerina doll. I can't think of the song she danced to (which is bugging the crud out of me), but it was a soothing one, and she was just so happy and had so much joy in her soul. After she finished and came off stage, she ran to her seat with her arms up with the biggest smile on her face. It was the sweetest thing. I felt the spirit so strong. That little girl made my day 10 times better, just by the sweet spirit and energy she carries with her.
Also, to go along with this, my mom texted me today saying, "I see you, I hear you, and what you say matters to me." So sweet of her to send that to me, but I was a little confused about it, so I asked her what she meant. She explained that it was Oprah's last show and she was saying some excellent quotes and speaking all kinds of truths. Another quote she sent me was, "You're worthy because you are born and because you are here. Your being here, your being alive makes worthiness your birthright. You alone are enough." I never thought about me being here like that. It speaks so loud to me and makes me want to share that with who is around me, because it is so true. Great quote! Lastly, my mom sent me an email (I love when my mom sends me little random messages that make my day) that is another great quote that ties in with those special people I talked about. There was a lady, Jill Bolte Taylor who was a 37-year-old, Harvard-educated brain scientist who suffered a massive stroke in the left part of her brain. She couldn't speak or remember her own mother, but when doctors and nurses walked into her room, she knew from the right brain who was on her side. She could feel their energy. I absolutely agree with this 100%. For example, when the little kindergarten girl I watched practiced, when the lady who was in charge of the music was talking to another teacher about it, she stopped dancing because she could see and feel their franticness. Also, another example is on the movie, Dear John, the dad has autism and another little boy in the movie does too. Through the movie it shows them and how they act, and they can tell when things are going bad. It is just unbelievable how perfect and sweet their spirits are. I think little kids are like this too. They just have the sweetest innocent spirit. I think this is why I LOVE working with little kids. Even though I am older than them and should be teaching them, really, they are the ones teaching me.

"Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment